About the Role
Faith Lutheran College is a co-educational Christian secondary school in the Lockyer Valley. We are seeking applications from mathematics teachers. The successful applicant will be able to teach senior and junior math with the ability to teach science (if and when required). The ability to teach specialist math would be an advantage. The role is a 12 month fixed term appointment commencing in January 2022. Permanency will be offered for the right candidate.
Are you looking for a new challenge? Thrive on change and a dynamic work environment? Want to be involved in the creation of something new, student-centred and innovative, with a proactive and supportive Senior Leadership Team? If this sounds like your teaching and learning dream, join our team at Faith Lutheran College!
Set in the lovely Lockyer Valley you will make a quantifiable impact on the lives of our diverse student body. The College is forging new pathways in personalised learning, wellbeing initiatives and outside-the-box approaches to teaching and learning. You will need to bring a flexible approach and positive attitude along with your unparalleled classroom skills.
The following non-mandatory criteria will assist the College in the selection of successful teachers:
- Committed to the Christian faith and an active member of a church community
- Possess a clear understanding and experience in contemporary learning pedagogy
- Strong understanding of the developmental needs of adolescents
- Must be able to collaborate with others
- Proficient and innovative in the use of ICT in classrooms
- Committed to supporting the college’s restorative practice processes
- Interpersonal skills appropriate to establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, staff and parents, particularly the ability to work as a member of a team
- Willingness to contribute to the co-curricular program of the College
Registration (or the ability to obtain) as a Teacher with the Queensland College of Teachers is mandatory.
How To Apply
At Faith we value the explicit development of the full range of contemporary learning and work skills in our students to prepare them for an ever-changing world. If you would like to join a team of dedicated professionals who are relentless in their passion to change the world through education, please submit your application via Seek and include:
- Covering letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact details for two professional referees