Faith Lutheran College is a dynamic and vibrant learning community. We see every child as a unique creation of God and one for whom Christ has died for. We believe that the student is at the heart of education. We are relentless in our pursuit to help our students find their place in this world and develop their God-given talents. At the very centre of who we are is student-choice and student-voice. Faith is a place where students’ dream and aspirations become reality.
At Faith we value the explicit development of the full range of contemporary learning and work skills in our students to prepare them for an ever-changing world. Already, there is significant disruption in the pattern of jobs and research has found that the three major driving forces of change are automation, globalisation, and the need for collaboration. The world – and Faith – needs teachers who want to develop entrepreneurial skills, digital skills, problem finding and solving, empathy, creativity, and love for life-long learning in our students.
We want to attract like-minded teachers who we can partner with to teach our young people. We seek to recruit highly motivated teachers that are:
- Caring and relational
- Passionate, driven and dynamic
- Growth Focused and a lifelong learner
- Flexible and adaptable
- Risk-taker and Innovator
- Communicator and Collaborator
Expressions of Interest – Director of Marketing
Faith Lutheran College Plainland is seeking expressions of interest for a newly created Director of Marketing role, with a proposed start date in January 2021. The Director of Marketing is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and reports directly to the Principal. This person is responsible for leading the development and implementation of the College’s marketing, communications, and admissions strategy.
- Lead and manage the marketing and admissions team
- Branding and key messaging
- Statistical and analytical reporting
- Publications and events
- Market research and strategy
- Public relations and media
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications and/or business
- Holds or the ability to obtain a Blue Card.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage other staff
- Ability to operationalise a strategic plan and use data to inform decision making
- Ability to develop systems and processes to support the College’s marketing and enrolment strategy
- Outstanding people skills, highly driven and results focused
- Demonstrated experience in marketing, public relations, or communications
- Demonstrated experience or the ability to develop successful marketing campaigns including the use of social media
- Demonstrated experience in the oversight and organisation of large events
- Understanding or experience in the education sector
At Faith we value the explicit development of the full range of contemporary learning and work skills in our students to prepare them for an ever-changing world. If you would like to join a team of dedicated professionals who are relentless in their passion to change the world through education, please send your expression of interest to the Principal and must include:
- Covering letter addressing the selection criteria (3 pages maximum)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact details for two professional referees
Expressions of interest are to be sent to the Principal by 7th September 2020 as per the details below:
Faith Lutheran College
5 Faith Avenue
Plainland Qld 4341
Phone: 07 5466 9900
Faith is a great place to work with supportive colleagues and fantastic students. I have been able to develop in my professional teaching practice during my time at Faith. Being part of a community raising the next generation of leaders for the Lockyer Valley and surrounding areas has been most rewarding.
In my experience, Faith Lutheran College is a place of growth. Every individual who enters these grounds, whether student or staff, cannot help but learn. The personal and community engagement and level of pastoral care, affords holistic education to each member of the Faith Life Community. That is what sets Faith apart.
One of the things I love about working at Faith is the real relationships I have with students as I share a small part of their life’s journey. I genuinely miss them when they leave as young adults at the end of year 12 and I love catching up with them in the years after.
Please read the following policy documents when applying for a position at Faith Lutheran College, Plainland: