Following the Queensland Government’s decision to ease the conditions of the COVID-19 related lockdown from 4.00pm on Sunday, 8 August 2021, Faith Lutheran College will return to face-to-face teaching and learning for the coming week.
As the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, students and families remains a high priority, some additional precautions and preventative measures will be in effect, including the mandatory wearing of masks by all staff and students.
These measures, along with some additional information and advice, have been outlined in an email from Mr. Kenny to all staff, parents and students.
For the benefit of those parents (or students) who may be experiencing difficulty accessing email at this time, a copy of this advice is provided below.
With this morning’s decision by the Queensland Government to not extend the lockdown, school will resume this Tuesday 10 August. To assist students and families with preparing for the resumption of face-to-face learning, please take note of the following:
- As previously communicated, Monday 9 August is the Ekka public holiday for the Lockyer Valley, which means school will not resume until Tuesday 10 August.
- All students will be required to wear a mask whilst at school, unless eating or drinking, or doing strenuous exercise/activity.
Whilst there will be some provision of disposable masks for students to access, this supply is limited, so students should endeavour to provide and wear their own masks.
- Students MUST NOT attend school if they are displaying any COVID like symptoms. Stay home and get tested.
- Should any student become ill whilst at school, their parents/carers will be contacted and required to come and collect them.
- The Faith bus service will resume its usual schedule.
- Whilst the College is returning to face-to-face learning, should any student be completing a mandatory quarantine for 14 days, please have them contact their teachers, who will endeavour to provide these students with access to the learning material where possible.
- There will be no assemblies or large school gatherings for first week back from the lockdown, at least until we receive further advice from Queensland Health on what restrictions will look like for schools going forward.
- Lastly, the College receives updates from a number of sources with regards to COVID restrictions. One of the many sources is directly from the Queensland Government, with the following website a highly informative source of information, which is accessible to all people:
Roadmap to easing Restrictions | Queensland Government
The College looks forward to not only welcoming all students back this week, but also, supporting them with ensuring we all adhere to the relevant health guidelines, so we can maintain everyone’s health and safety, as well as hopefully avoid any further lockdowns.
Yours in Christ,