Our Learning Enrichment Team provide specialised support and tailored education programs for students with additional learning needs
LEARNING » LEARNING ENRICHMENT
At Faith, we recognise the right of all students to have equitable access to our curriculum.
We employ a dedicated Learning Enrichment team; allowing us to offer a range of differentiated educational programs to cater for the specific needs of individual students.
The diverse needs of individual students is held in high regard at Faith, and we offer tailored support to students with specific learning needs, wherever possible.
Our specialist Learning Enrichment Team works in partnership with parents, caregivers and families to develop Individual Education Plans (IEP) and alternative arrangements for study that aim to maximise learning opportunities and connect students with additional needs to our core curriculum.
Students With Additional Needs
At Faith, our aim is to develop the whole learner for life’s journey – understanding that this journey looks different for each and every student.
The Learning Enrichment Team includes educators and school officers with a volume of experience in working with students who have additional educational needs. This may include students with:
- Physical, cognitive and sensory disabilities
- Generalised learning difficulties
- Social and emotional challenges
- Non-English speaking, or limited English-speaking backgrounds
- Specific cultural considerations, including students from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds
- A special gift or talent
- Requirements pertaining to being in the care or custody of the Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women
Accessible and Achievable Learning
Wherever possible and within the resources available, Faith Lutheran College staff assist the full participation of students with disabilities and additional learning needs by:
- Valuing students as individuals, identifying and responding to their needs
- Identifying and addressing barriers that may limit the student’s opportunities, participation, and benefits to be gained through formal years of schooling
- Providing an appropriate level of resources outlined in individual plans to reasonably accommodate the needs of students with disabilities
- Making reasonable adjustments, substituting, or supplementing curricula, course work requirements, timetables, pedagogy, materials, and assessment procedures, to meet the needs of students with disabilities.
- Facilitating options and pathways for students with needs
- Providing physical environments that are accessible, stimulating, safe and welcoming
- Devising fair and transparent enrolment procedures for all students, including those with disabilities and respecting the rights of people with disabilities to privacy and confidentiality
- Supporting and assisting students to find their educational and vocational pathway as they transition to independence at the end of their secondary years of education
Explore Teaching and Learning
Please explore the sections below to learn more about our unique approach to teaching and learning at Faith Lutheran College
Tailored Learning Support
Where possible, Faith Lutheran College endeavours to provide tailored learning support and access to our curriculum for students with additional learning needs.
Individual Education Plans (IEP)
Students with a diagnosed disability will have an IEP (Individual Education Plan), which will provide students with the opportunity to focus on personalised goals.
These plans are facilitated by Learning Enrichment staff in conjunction with the student and their family/carer with specialist and allied health professional input, along with classroom teacher consultation when necessary.
Students who have a Learning Difficulty and require support will have a Student Curriculum Plan, similar to the IEP outlining personalised goals and teaching strategies for classroom support.
Educational Support Plans
Students who are in the care of the Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women will have an ESP (Education Support Plan), which will provide three focus goals for the student. These include a focus for participation, wellbeing, and academic achievement.
These plans are facilitated with the student, carer and Child Safety Officer or designated representative.
Personalised Learning Plans
Students who identify as Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander, or who are EALD (speak English as an Additional Language or Dialect) will have Personalised Learning Plans outlining Literacy and Numeracy Goals.
I would like to…
Enrol a Student at Faith
Join our teaching and learning community at Faith Lutheran College! Please use the links below to begin your enrolment with us:
Join our Teaching and Learning Community
Enrolling a student at Faith Lutheran College is quick and easy with our Online Application process, and the support of our friendly Enrolments and Admissions Team.
Explore Faith Lutheran College on an upcoming guided tour!
Tours of our campus run regularly and we encourage all prospective students, parents and families to join us and experience all our College has to offer.
Faith Lutheran College proudly offers a range of scholarship opportunities across all Year Levels, recognising achievement and ability in the areas of Academic Excellence, Sports and Performing Arts.
Send an Enrolment Enquiry
Complete the form below and our friendly Enrolments and Admissions Team will happily give you a call to discuss your application and guide you through our enrolment process.