Following the announcement by the Queensland Government regarding South-East Queensland entering into lockdown as of 4.00pm on Saturday 31 July 2021, staff, students, parents and members of our College community are asked please read and adhere to the following instructions in relation to schooling for Monday and Tuesday this upcoming school week (Week 4, Term 3):
Attendance and Supervision
- Students MUST remain at home unless they are children of essential workers. Essential workers are those who must attend their workplace and cannot provide adult supervision for their children at home. The children of essential workers will be supervised by staff at school each day.
- The College asks that parents/carers who are essential workers strongly consider whether their child needs to attend school in person on these days, as (1) this lockdown stems from a student testing positive to coronavirus, which clearly highlights that young people are susceptible to contracting COVID-19, and (2) that most students are adolescent and soon to be young adults, therefore, they may not require such supervision.
- Students of essential workers who are in attendance at school, will be required to wear a mask. Whilst students are encouraged to bring their own mask, there will be some provision of disposable masks available for students if required.
- Students of essential workers who are in attendance on Monday and/or Tuesday will be supervised by staff in their House groups. Students should also note that tuckshop will not be available on these days.
- All students will complete online learning for the duration of the two-day lockdown. Information concerning the format of this learning will be communicated to all students and families on Sunday 1 August by the Head of Digital Learning, Mr Aaron Teeling.
College Bus Services
- The College bus service will be available on Monday and Tuesday for students of essential workers. Faith busses will run to and from school on these days as per their normal schedule. For students who access a non-Faith bus, please liaise with the external bus company for bussing details.
Events and Excursions
- The Career Expo and Subject Selection Event that was scheduled to take place this coming Wednesday 4 August will be postponed. Despite the lockdown currently only being scheduled until Tuesday 3 August, it seems appropriate to postpone this event until further notice. If and when this event can be rescheduled, information will be suitably communicated to all students and families.
- All excursions that were scheduled to take place on Monday and Tuesday have been cancelled. Those that can, may be rescheduled to a later date.
Visiting The College
- Parents/carers are asked to please avoid coming into the College if possible. Should you need to contact a specific staff member, please either phone the College Office for assistance (07 5466 9900) during school hours or email the relevant staff member/s directly.
Over the coming days, there will undoubtedly be further communication from the College with regards to any updates about the lockdown and what this means for schooling over the days ahead. Staff, students and parents are kindly asked to continue to monitor their email inboxes over the coming week to ensure that they remained updated and informed.
In the meantime, I pray that people remain safe and ensure they adhere to any government guidelines with regards to the lockdown.
Yours in Christ,